Come on a round-the-world adventure as we explore 60 amazing places from across the globe! Packed with fascinating facts, this fully illustrated book introduces kids to some of the best places to visit on our planet. Continent by continent, they’ll find out the top things to see and do, from playing in Central Park to exploring the Amazon Jungle.
Come on a round-the-world adventure as we explore 60 amazing places from across the globe! Packed with fascinating facts, this fully illustrated book introduces kids to some of the best places to visit on our planet. Continent by continent, they’ll find out the top things to see and do: playing in Central Park, getting lost in the Amazon Jungle, climbing the Eiffel Tower, exploring the Great Wall of China, touring Sydney Harbour and much more. Fun, accessible text and lively artwork by Pippa Curnick, David Shepard and Mike Love bring each place vividly to life.
- Contents include:
- Playing in Central Park, New York (North America)
- Touring Mexico City during the Day of the Dead (North America)
- Exploring the Amazon Jungle in Brazil (South America)
- Climbing Machu Picchu in Peru’s Andes (South America)
- Taking a boat trip down the Seine in Paris (Europe)
- Joining the crowds at Venice’s carnival on a gondola cruise (Europe)
- Cruising the Nile to see the wonders of ancient Egypt (Africa)
- Going on Safari to see lions and elephants in Tanzania’s Serengeti Plains (Africa)
- Negotiating the world’s busiest road crossing in Tokyo, Japan (Asia)
- Wandering along the Great Wall of China (Asia)
- Touring Sydney Harbour (Australasia)
- Climbing the mountains of New Zealand’s South Island (Australasia)
- And lots more
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids – an imprint of the world’s leading travel authority Lonely Planet – published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travellers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!