Top 10 Madrid
Whether you are travelling first class or on a limited budget, this guide will lead you straight to the very best Madrid has to offer. Dozens of top 10 lists provide the insider knowledge every visitor needs – including the top 10 things to avoid!
A bustling yet intimate city, Madrid exudes culture and creativity in its world-class art galleries, atmospheric tapas bars, glorious gardens and historic plazas. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around Madrid with absolute ease.
Our updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Madrid into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat and shops. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak
– Nine easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– Detailed Top 10 lists of Madrid’s must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of the Palacio Real, Museo Nacional del Prado, Plaza Mayor, Real BasÃ¬lica de San Francisco el Grande, El Rastro, Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina SofÃ¬a, Parque del Retiro, Museo ArqueolÃ³gico Nacional and El Escorial.
– Madrid’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including family activities and things to do for free
– A laminated pull-out map of Madrid, plus seven full-colour area maps
– Practical advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK’s favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Madrid’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Madrid and DK Eyewitness Spain.