Rough Guide to France (Travel Guide with Free eBook)
Discover France with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts’ honest and independent recommendations. Whether you plan to visit some of France’s world-famous museums, eat in its legendary restaurants, hike or ski in the Alps or the Pyrenees or simply enjoy sitting in cafÃ©, ‘The Rough Guide to France’ will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
The Rough Guide to France
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover France with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore the elegant chateaux of the Loire, visit the sublime Mont St-Michel or travel the deeply moving Circuit du Souvenir, The Rough Guide to France will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to France:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to France
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Paris, the Cote d’Azur and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the luminous Paris skyline at dusk and an enchanting Burgundian village and vineyard
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Annecy’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into France, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Paris; The North; Champagne and the Ardennes; Alsace and Lorraine; Normandy; Brittany; The Loire; Burgundy; Poitou-Charentes and the Atlantic coast; The Limousin, Dordogne and the Lot; The Pyrenees; Languedoc; The Massif Central; The Alps and Franche-Comte; The Rhone valley; Provence; The Cote d’Azur; Corsica
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Paris, The Rough Guide to Brittany & Normandy, The Rough Guide to Languedoc & Roussillon, The Rough Guide to Provence & the Cote d’Azur
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.