Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands
Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands is your most up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the past in Quito’s vibrant Centro Historico, hike around Cotopaxi for million-dollar views, and spot red-billed tropicbirds in Punta Suarez -all with your trusted travel companion.
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the past in Quito’s vibrant Centro Historico, hike around Cotopaxi for million-dollar views, and spot blue-footed boobies and red-billed tropicbirds in Punta Suarez – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Quito, Northern Highlands, Central Highlands, Cuenca & the Southern Highlands, The Oriente, North Coast & Lowlands, South Coast, The Galapagos Islands
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islandsis our most comprehensive guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)